Monday, January 5, 2009

#019

The lovely Deb F. found this gem online at yahoo. I thought it was appropriate to wrap up the holiday season with. Thanks, Deb. You made me laugh out loud when I originally saw this one.

As for the stories, I cannot stress enough how proud I am of each of you. I love to read the entries each week and see all of the different ways you take a simple idea and picture and create moving stories. Linda Gail A.'s story was no exception. I chose to highlight her this week because not only did she create something wonderful, it was moving and unexpected. Congratulations, Linda!!!!

Remembering
By: Linda Gail A.

I usually don’t cry when I come to my baby girl’s memorial; her last request. Brittany wanted an ornament because Christmas reminded her of gifts and life is the best gift. She wanted it gold because it would remind us where she was now – walking the streets of gold. And she wanted a hook to remind us that time is short. We need to grab opportunities that come along and live life to the fullest. That’s what my Brittany did until cancer took her from me. I usually don’t cry, but today she’d have been nine and I ache to hold her one more time.

Gimme some more...




2 comments:

random blogger said...

For some reason Linda I always enjoy your entries. I know why....because your stories are great. This one may have been your best.

Jerry, I almost took the space alien angle myself. In fact, it was the first thing I thought of when I saw the pic. Cool entry!

Blogger said...

By using CarRental8 you can discover affordable car rental from over 50,000 international locations.